What do I want to learn?
- How far human subconscious dreams are a reflection of their conscious mind or day to day life
- Why we have dreams (psychology – are they to reaffirm or subconscious thoughts as Freud suggests?)
- ‘The Interpretation of Dreams’ – Sigmund Freud
- ‘Dream Psychology’ – Sigmund Freud
- Clairvoyants and dream interpreters in Manchester
- CFCCA – Suki Chan – exposing the curious and complex relationship between the human eye, the brain and vision.
- (Online gallery In Dreams – The Cob Gallery)
- Whitworth Gallery – And Now We Are Plastic – boundaries between physical and digital spaces, works with the idea of liminality
- ‘The Science of Sleep’
A Ted Talks:-
A piece of theatre, dance or music:-
- Create a dream journal, analyse the dreams and why they have occurred, translate the dreams into textile forms, bring into interiors, will develop my personal response to the topic
- Respond to artists who focus on dreams (look at imagination focused dreams also) using their medium, translate into interiors, develop knowledge of how other artists respond to the theme
- Create abstract response pieces to my personal dreams (e.g. stress dreams and anxiety dreams), develop into wallpaper patterns, put into interior spaces, develop response to topic
- Analyse other people’s dreams (Rosie’s written down on phone) and extend into artworks – abstract textiles, put into interior space
- Create response pieces to films/books about dreams and the psychology behind them, develop the pieces into furniture patterns/pieces and put into interiors
What do I think I will end up communicating in my final piece?
- I wish to communicate the liminal relationship between the conscious and subconscious human mind in terms of the dreams we have and if there are reasons for them.