- The narrator mentions a human’s limited access to the full power of their mind
- Matilda has access to greater amounts of her subconscious brain than normal
- This gives her a fantastical power – allows her to move objects by looking at them
- Reminds me of the film ‘Lucy’ – the protagonist gains 100% access to her brain which allows her to do anything, such as fly, turn invisible, and move objects with her mind.
- Both films provide me with additional ideas for my project – these characters have more access to their subconscious mind, can they control their dreams? Are their dreams more elaborate and less confusing because they have the brain power to understand them?
- This gives me the idea to look at lucid dreaming.