Feelings and analysis:
- Initially, I was apprehensive about the dream journals from other people as I didn’t know what they could show that my own dream dairy couldn’t. However, I was pleasantly surprised with the outcome.
What went well/badly:
- I gathered dream journals from three different people, varying ages and genders. Granted, I could have asked more people which would have given me a much more substantial result.
- I found that I asked people for dream diaries that I had already asked whether they have dreams or not, which meant the results were similar. Asking for a dream journal from someone who didn’t dream seemed pointless, however I now understand that it would have perhaps revealed, in even one dream they had over the course of the weeks, something interesting about the person and the kind of dreams they have.
What I have learned and how it will help me in the future:
- The dream journals have provided me with illustration and interactive piece ideas that could lead to development pieces and even influence my final piece.
- I have concluded my initial question that, yes, dreams do stem from daily life in some senses, and now follow my question of why this occurs. Do the dreams help the person? This requires further research.