Feelings and analysis:
- The task of writing on the board what I wish to convey in my exhibition ensued a feeling of panic for me. Suddenly, I was in a position where I had to consider my final outcome and finalise an answer to my concept question. I knew what I wanted to convey, however I couldn’t put it into words, or narrow it down enough for it to be accepted on the board.
What went well/badly:
- To help problem solve this, I discussed with Dave and stated that I wished to convey the seven reasons why we dream in my exhibition. He then helped me simplify and narrow down the seven reasons, then encouraged me to choose the one I was most interested in. Doing this allowed me to simplify my concept and find the one area, the one answer, I want to focus on; to research further and develop, taking it forward into my exhibition.
- The idea of dreams helping solve our psychological and daily life problems was the most interesting to me, and has opened up new doors and ideas. This is the answer to my concept so far.
What have I learnt, how will it help me in the future:
- This task encouraged me to narrow down my concept, which in turn has actually made development ideas simpler and easier. This will benefit my project and exhibition greatly as it is more understandable.
- Overall, I am happy with the outcome of this task and understand that this outcome should actually have been reached a few weeks ago.