Feelings and analysis:
- Being given the task to fill a 40 page sketchbook in two days initially concerned and pressured me. However, once it was completed, I felt productive and inspired.
- Due to having to create 40 different ideas in such a little space of time, by the end of it, I had lots more. Completing so many pieces meant I was constantly thinking of the next one, of other things I could do, so at the end, I felt really motivated and inspired. This alone made the process worthwhile.
What went well/badly:
- To problem solve my initial lack of inspiration, I turned to Pinterest and research pieces I had completed on my blog. I often combined ideas from other artists with ideas from the research to create my own piece. This was really successful and proved limitless for ideas.
- I believe I could have experimented with more techniques than I did, as I often worked in watercolour and pen because I knew they were quick mediums. I think this was a safe option for me and I should have pushed myself out of my comfort zone more.
What I have learned and how it will help me in the future:
- Interestingly, this process has shown me how productive I can be and how many ideas I can come up with in a short amount of time. I think I have also learned that I gain a distinct motivation from being challenged to do something, which really works in my favour.
- Overall, completing the sketchbook will benefit my grade, as well as benefitting my final piece, as now, I feel far more prepared for it. I have some ideas that completing the sketchbook has helped me come to.