- From the spend one pound challenge in Liverpool, I encountered crystals and their ‘healing’ properties or uses. I found that many of the gemstones had a relation to sleep and dreaming, which inspires me to maybe use them in my final outcome.
- Allows messages to come through our third eye, making communication clear, allowing easy recall and interpretation of our dreams
- Calming properties which encourage sleep
- Attracts patterns and stories that you are thinking about and tell you a dream story to help guide you on your path
- Releases the negatives in dreams
- Improves recall after awakening
- Encourage memory and interpretation of dreams – helps remember the messages and stories in dreams
Ametrine, Azurite, Clear Quartz
- Dream wisdom
- Opening up the intuitive potential of dreams
- Amplifies vividity of dreams
- These crystals are believed to work if placed under the pillow at night.
- It is believed necessary to hold the stone in your left hand and asking it to bring dreams to help discover the correct path
- Some people make crystal dream pillows with the addition of fragrant herbs
- Sage – clears out bad dreams and negative energy
- Sweetgrass – invites animal totems into dreams
- Frankincense – bestows peace and serenity – good for insomnia
- Valerian Root and Kava Kava – good for insomnia and encourage deep sleep and dreams
This research has given me ideas for final pieces, perhaps including them in an instillation piece. I will now research how other artists have used gemstones in artwork.
Artworks from Pinterest: