Feelings and analysis:
- Having realised that putting my project into a literal sense (into literal illustrations and instillations) isn’t working in communicating my concept, I have decided to work in an abstract genre, similar to the instagram artists I have looked at previously.
What went well/badly:
- I have also looked into the work of Kandinsky and Rothko, who have opposing abstract styles which I can manipulate and develop to reflect my own concept.
- I believe this will be more effective than working literally, and from the test samples I have done, I can see already how visually successful they are.
- Realising my project wasn’t going to be successful if I communicated it literally has been good for problem solving. I have been able to step back, realise the issues with my designs, and move forward into another technique and genre.
What I have learned and how it will help me in the future:
- Having this realisiation will benefit my project and final outcome as a whole. Moving into abstraction will push my ideas forward and further develop them out of a literal sense.