Feelings and analysis:
- Initially, I didn’t like my original stop motion because it was of myself and felt very unprofessional. To problem solve this I created stop motions using only my hands.
What went well/badly:
- These stop motions worked well practically, however I don’t think they communicate my concept successfully. They don’t reflect my concept conclusion (dreams help solve problems) and instead only represent the interpretation from the three main helpful dreams I have been looking at.
- They rely on the textiles I intend to create to surround the iPads, showing the dream (e.g. small mannequins falling), however, at this point in the project, I am unsure whether I will have time to create the textiles, meaning the stop motions have to be successful enough alone.
What I have learned and how it will help me in the future:
- To problem solve this, I am going to go back to filming the figure on the bed, pushing things off, etc. I believe this was the most effective in the first place, and, as the hands aren’t working well, should be reverted back to.
- Experimenting with the hands has benefited my development for my final piece, however I have learned that these stop motions are unsuccessful and I should stick to the original stop motion idea.