Final Piece

Changes:

  • Taking away the dream journal – I realised that my space had become a minimalist set-up, and the dream journal was confusing this aesthetic.
  • This has pushed me out of my confort zone greatly as now my exhibition space lacks anything I have hand created (except the cabinet and frames which I made myself). I am used to creating pieces with something physical like paint or textiles, so this piece is something new for me.

20170612_154713

Making iPad Frames

  • When I first attached the frames to the iPad encasing, I noticed the frames didn’t cover the whole screen and exposed the outer black part of the screen. To problem solve this, I made paper inserts to fit the size of the actual screens – making them all the same.
  • Another problem encountered when making these frames was that one of the frames was a little smaller than the others and smaller than the encasing. To problem solve this, I rounded off the corners of the encasing, making it look like an extension of the frame. When these are painted white, this will hopefully look really effective.